If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby's Dresser!

I finally finished the baby's dresser. We bought it off craigslist last summer for $40 and I've been using it. I thought it was the perfect height to double as a changing table. I had to fix the tracks, fill in the holes and drill more because I wanted to put on my own knobs.



BEFORE




AFTER


I few highlights include Alice in Wonderland knobs that Jared bought for me off of etsy, and some turtle knobs.















I used the leftover paper from the art shelf.


Here's the baby's corner of the room. I'll get something on the walls eventually and am going to make a mobile someday. I also might paint some dodo birds on the front to go along with the Alice in Wonderland theme.

10 comments:

Cristy said...

Good job! Love the hardware. As for the "eviction notice" you're too hilarious! And I SO know how you feel!

People talk about how they get phantom buzzing in their pockets when they forget their cell phones, well I get phantom kicks after the baby is out! :)

TWO WEEKS!

Meredith said...

Oh wow--it turned out so great!

Genean said...

Your dresser drawers are so pretty! It would make me smile to put away the folded laundry in those drawers.

Hey can you post some pics of the bedding?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i love that blue!!! great job--all ready for baby:)

Laurie said...

Love it! {And still loving that shelf paper!} I cracked up at the post before this one. I know how you feel! CANNOT wait to see him.

P.S. I'm going to be in your area in June for my birthday {a good friend lives in Sacramento and Curtis is flying me out for a 30th bday trip}. She's talked about taking a trip down to SF to go shopping, so I wanted to see if I could find you and stop by! Dying to see your little one.

blueeyedfreckle said...

looks great! and I love the shelf paper inside. adorable touch.

Veeda said...

so adorable. He's one lucky guy, to have such a creative momma.

Amy said...

looks like you are all ready--just need the baby!! Those last few days seem to draaaag. Try to get out a lot and do things that you might have to put off for a while once the baby comes. I would bake or cook one thing each day to put in the freezer.

Becky said...

Wow, the dresser turned out really well!! With such a beautiful organized space the baby ought to hurry up and get there :)

The Bec-ster said...

Wait I thought you were having a girl? Why is there so much blue? Of course girls like blue too but still, did I miss something!

Oh and the room looks great!!!!