If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, November 3, 2008

Ride to Hayward

I drove over to Hayward last week to hang out with my mom and make pumpkin bread. It started out cloudy and a bit drizzly when I left and headed over the bridge in a blanket of fog.







Then through the woods and up the super steep hill the clouds broke apart and I rose above them.




Up through the trees and past 6 stop signs.







Finally the last stop sign and then...



I'm home.

9 comments:

bug girl said...

As a kid I used to practice finding my way home by looking at the tree-lines and power-lines...just in case I was kidnapped and hidden, lying down, in the back of a car or truck (of course this ability does not apply to pervert-vans which have no windows in back). So, I totally could tell where you were driving and the route by the photos.

kim said...

LOL at Bug girl--that's hilarious! thanks for the drive through hayward! Looks like it was a nice day in the east bay!

La Asistente said...

Over the river and through the woods...

Hey, what are those fun things on the dash?

Meredith said...

Isn't it fun to take photos while driving?

Megan said...

Alice, where you taking those pictures while driving?? HOW DANGEROUS. ;) What a fun drive through your home. How are things cookin'?

Megan said...

not where, WERE. (yes I read my post after I posted it, I'm married to an auditor give me a break.

blueeyedfreckle said...

all in one drive?? That's crazy! It looks like 2 different days!

The Wooden Spool said...

oh hey Alice! I graduated with Emma! I totally know those hills! Hayward, yay! My parents still live up there, too. :)) Small world.
Come visit my blog,
Laurie~

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I've been there! I LOVE your mom's house, I'm so happy for you that you are so close to her now to hang out with her and do things like make pumpkin bread.