If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chili and guac!

I made a delicious pot of chili and homemade guacamole to top it off.



Chili:
ground turkey sauteed with crushed garlic s/p and some mushrooms (mince them.)
add:
cans of diced tomatoes and halved or whole tomatoes (fresh if you've got them but since the season is over this is my resort)
corn
kidney beans
black beans
shredded carrots
cilantro (chopped)

spices:
chili powder
cayenne pepper
red pepper flakes
cumin

I add dashes and taste. Wait a moment because the spice comes out after a minute or so. Simmer for about and hour and then taste and add more spices if you like.

Simmer for several hours stirring occasionally to let the flavors fuse.

Guacamole:

I usually like it chunky but this time I was lazy and threw it all in the food processor and having the cilantro blended really well really created this delicious flavor.

throw in onion and cilantro
chop
then avocado
lime juice
s/p
dash of chili powder
add the tomato last so that can be chunky

1 comment:

darcie said...

that looks sooo good right now. it's pretty cold in utah and we're just spending the day at home.