If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

tomatoe soup

Remember all those tomatoes I had from my mama's garden? Well how do you make them into a flavorful meal without many spices because they're still on the sea shipment coming from Switzerland and you're too cheap to buy expensive spices in America?

You roast everything to bring out the flavor.


Peppers and later roast the garlic.


Mix in fresh basil and oregano and blend.


Serve with potato/rosemary bread from TJ's and broil with bit of olive oil, basil and top with Jarlsburg cheese.


Invite someone to dinner.



Sprinkle some cilantro on it.


Made-up recipe:
roast-
tomatoes
peppers (after roasting put them in a paper bag to steam and then peel once the skins have loosened)
garlic

add in some vegetable stock
a bit of cream
salt/pepper
1/8 C cream
a bit of paprika (to liking)
fresh basil
fresh oregano
blend in cuisinart or blender


simmer for about an hour to let all the flavors mix fuse together.

8 comments:

navigate said...

Sounds fabulous

darcie said...

i am literally drooling.

darcie said...

btw, are you going to sigur ros on friday? i hear the openers are a painful rip off but it's worth sitting through them to get the real thing eh?

Laurie said...

That looks HEAVENLY. I wish I had been the friend you'd invited over!

Julie said...

I want to come to dinner at your house :) That looks so yummy!! :) Megan gave us a demonstration yesterday on making her bread. It was so yummy and we ate it all! :)

Letterpress said...

I wish: I had you for a cook, and your Mom's garden. Mine was a moderate bust, between the racoon who kept eating my tomatoes, and the broken water line.

Soup looks yummy!
E.

blueeyedfreckle said...

delish! Looks and sounds good! You can also put a little goat cheese on the bread with the basil and even a slice of red pepper for utter DELICIOUSNESS! I wish I could come over to your house for yummy alice meals!

brooklyn said...

i'm somewhere between inspired and jealous.

man, you are gifted.