If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, September 8, 2008

The bed is made

I was probably the only child who's parents never had to tell to make their bed.  I had this weird obsession with making my bed.  I thought that if I died that day I wouldn't want people thinking I was a "non-bed-maker."  I thought I forgot to make my bed one day that would be the day I died.  Besides it only takes 2 seconds.  Whenever I move into a new place (which has been the case about 15 times in the past 8 years) I always make the bed first.  It just helps me feel more at home.

5 comments:

Wife and Mother said...

Me too! I like to leave my house clean for the same reason. In case, I died, I'd hate for them to think I was a slob!

Veeda said...

Making your bed really does make the room so much better. Too bad I'm not as dedicated as you.

Sarah said...

Bed-making is a must. Even Dono knows how to do it. There can be laundry everywhere, but as long as the bed is made, it doesn't look nearly as bad.

Charlotta-love said...

I almost always make my bed. On the rare occasion I forget, I make it right before I go to bed.

J P said...

I'm so glad you're not a non-bed maker...how embarrassing that would be for me. Thanks. J