If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, September 29, 2008

Cooler than a fanny pack

This morning as I was walking the Stanford Dish with my friend Liz we were talking about her upcoming trip to Paris. I mentioned how I wish fannie packs were cooler to wear. They are comfortable and handy, especially when traveling. When Jared and I would travel around my shoulder would start hurting a ton from my purse (especially since Jared would load it up with snacks, water and things he bought, we soon started making him carry the backpack.)



Anyhow, today I found a much better solution for your money and knick knacks.


6 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

um... my husband totally loves to rock fanny packs. Not the leather tassley kind, but he had an american apparel one, and then upgraded to some other one that was sturdier. I was super embarrassed at first-well still am- but it really does come in handy. and my sis in Brooklyn told us a year ago that people were wearing them there. so go ahead! rock a fanny pack!

blueeyedfreckle said...

ps a girl gave a talk yesterday in our ward and TOTALLY reminded me of you. Though not as Alice-y but pretty close. oh and I named a headband after you on my site. My mom told me it was her favorite one! check it out:http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15662132

SwissMiss said...

You know what? I prefer the fanny pack. Although you've got the aqua/yellow thing going there, which is cool, but it's too small and doesn't have enough compartments.

Amy McCown said...

I did see a pretty fashionable looking Swiss man the other day with a Louis Vitton fanny pack. I seriously had to come home and search the internet to see if LV acutally sold them. Maybe they are making a comeback.

Becky said...

Hm - I remeber about a year and a half ago when a girl at work announced that she was getting a LV fannypack - and I was like REALLY? but truly if they are flat and warn on the hip they don't look too bad - not as helpful perhaps...

Thomas Skousen said...

Alice,

No one knows this, not even my wife. . But in a prior, and even more embarrassing life, I had a SWEET fannypack CUSTOM MADE with a secret place for a diamond ring. I waited and waited for the perfect time to ask (colors changing and all) and then we hiked to a perfect place to ask and by the time we got there. . .well let's just say you couldn't script a better disaster. . . all because of the ill-fated CUSTOM designed FANNY PACK. :( they are EVIL