If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jared runs!

It was a beautiful evening in San Francisco for the annual JP Morgan Corporate 5k challenge. Jared had run it in the past with Google who usually win it every year since they've entered (of course.) However Jared coerced some of this new co-workers at Kaching to run it. Since the company has only 8 employees, there were 3 of them.





Alcatraz. We've swam from there a couple of times:)


I dropped off the guys and then went to go park. Only to later find that I was looking for a needle in a haystack (Jared=needle, sea of over 5,000 people=haystack.)



When I heard that they were lining up for the race by pace I immediately went to the front of the line where all the sub-6 min pace milers would be. Yup, that's where I found Jared.


Here he is waiting to take off.



There were a few corporate characters there.



And they're off!



Here is Jared finishing in the top 50 out of over 5,000. I only had to wait around for 19:52 mins. His first mile was 5:05. CRAZINESS. And that's with a bum knee and without training too much. He's 30 and still near his HS pace. I barely got a shot he was running so fast!


That's my man! Wearing one of the t-shirts Jared drew in the car on the way up with his company logos. (At Google you get nice dry-fit shirts.) I guess you do with what you can when working for a start-up.




Two Jews and a Mormon. One from Israel and the other from Switzerland. So great!



Here's Jared's trophy for running such a great race...me and brownies:)

4 comments:

bug girl said...

Wow! He is so fast. I wish I could run a little faster, but I'd still never see him if we were in the same race.

Amy said...

holy cow, your husband is FAST! that is so awesome. I've promised myself the next I'm in SF I'm going to Alcatrez...I've never been out there.

darcie said...

i'm totally impressed. it almost seems like stupid people can't be fast. or fast people choose to be educated. i don't know any fast dumb people.

Julie said...

Way to go Jared. That is super fast!!! Love the pictures of good old SF.