If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Charleston, SC

Friday Jared and I took the kids down to Charleston to go to the beach and enjoy America's #1 friendliest city. Unfortunately I did not take a ton of photos, especially of the beautiful houses that are historical and are well preserved.





We caught some amazing clouds.




Ate some delicious crab cakes and Charleston Crab House.



OK, so the highlight for me was going to the Piggly Wiggly. The kids really couldn't understand why I thought it was so cool. Well, 1. The Name and 2. It's always fun to go somewhere that you've only seen in movies.




I was so proud of them for being environmentally friendly and selling reusable grocery bags for $.99.


My sis-in-law got Moonpies and couldn't believe that I'd never heard of them. See, America is great, you go to a different state and it's like you're in another country, because they talk different and have different food in the grocery store.





The next day we drove around a bit. Here's a nice ol' southern church.



I just liked the look of these old beat up houses.



Charleston is like the Bay Area, in that there are lots of bridges.



Then we explored Fort Moultrie. Learned a bit about the Civil War.



Gained a bit more patriotism.




I liked the contrast of this roof against the blue sky.


4 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

gotta love the moon pies...and i agree piggly wiggly is a pretty funny name for a store

Julie said...

Love the grocery store. I bet you were in heaven with all the options. I've never heard of Piggle Wiggly, maybe I haven't watched the same movies :)

Laura Tanner said...

That's always a favorite spot when we go visit my relatives in the South - the Piggly Wiggly.

Charlotta-love said...

I love Charleston. I've been twice since moving to Georgia and I could go every weekend.

So you went to Piggly Wiggly. Did you eat at the Awful Waffle? bka: Waffle House.