If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday lunch at Mom's

Dinner and Mom's is always fun and delicious! Here she is working away!



Menu:
Green salad with fresh sweet tomatoes from the garden
Enchiladas
Spanish rice with delicious gourmet sausage
Japanese sweet potato and goat cheese quesadillas on roasted red pepper tortillas




Hudson laughing as usual



Johnny needing snuggles.



Hudson loves green.


The clan: Emma, Sam, Alice, Fabian, Annika, Johnny, Hudson, Jared, Shelley, Eric, Emily and Mom...plus the ghost sitting in the extra seat that my mom accidentally set.


Hudson, "What about me Jawred? Take a picture of me."



Dessert:
Mixed fruit and

The special New York Times cookies. Oh baby, I couldn't even finish one they were so rich and delicious. I will never make them because there's a science to it. Maybe my friend Tanya will take the challenge. My mom made them and the boys measured and weighed.


My friend Shelley who I grew up with was briefly in town with her husband Eric. It was fun to see her since it's been years. She's very important in the interior design/architecture world. She gets flown first class to Dubai to work on those giant skyscrapers they've been building. Very talented indeed!

3 comments:

SwissMiss said...

Does your mom do that every Sunday? What an athlete!

Tanya D said...

Challenge accepted! I already printed out this recipe a couple weeks ago. I'm all over it!

Meike said...

Tanya, I am volunteering as the unpartial tasting committee.
Those cookies look very delicous. And so does the rest of the food. And the company looks also really nice :)