If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, August 3, 2008

An adventurous Saturday in South Carolina

It all began with that accident on the freeway. Jared and I were driving back from Charleston, (the kids were with Dad) and we had a GPS with us, so we thought we'd attempt to avoid the slow traffic on the freeway. Well the GPS took us to some random dirt road. We tried to turn around but got stuck in a sand pit.




Thank goodness I pay attention to random things that I see on tv, because I told Jared to put some sticks in front of the wheel to create some traction for us to get out, so he did, I got in the driver seat and reversed and then forward again with a little push from Jared we were out of there.



Did I mention that it was 101° outside.



Then later the swimsuit soaking got out of hand and we flooded the 2nd floor bathroom.


Then, (Jared blames this all on me, he says that I summoned the thunder storm because I wanted to see one in South Carolina.) Anyhow, it was wild, it was crazy thunder and lightening with a huge downpour. My sis-in-law Genean and her husband Boyd were moving on Saturday. Jared and his brother David went to help Boyd move some more things Sat. evening after dinner. The girls, Jenny, Genean and I hung out at their new house.

Well, the boys were taking a super long time. Apparently the power went out at the storage unit where Boyd and Genean had a few things and the boys were stuck inside because of the electric gate. They had to call Jared's Dad to come get them, but while waiting they needed to hop the barbed wire fence, in the pouring rain, with lots of lightening.

After that they needed to come rescue the girls. Well, trees were falling left and right. They had to off road around a few. Power was going out everywhere. It was exciting. Good thing Jared's Dad has a back-up generator because the kids can't sleep at night without their fans going. The ear plugs went in again for Jared and I, if you've ever heard a generator going you'd understand why.

All in all everything turned out ok, Jared and I got out of the sand pit, the upstairs floor is dry, and we retrieved our cars from the storage unit and were able to enjoy a beautiful, BUT HOT Sunday!

2 comments:

darcie said...

isn't it so picturesque the way the grass grows out of the sand and the dunes created on the beach. so different from the west coast beaches

Ryan said...

Quicksand!? That's rad. I want to move to the south so my kids will be all sassy like Dave Cashman.