If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tahoe for the 34th year!

The day after returning to California Jared and I headed up to Tahoe for my yearly family reunion. It's always packed full of hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming and water skiing.

We started early one morning with water skiing. It was a crisp Tahoe morning with clear blue skies and a calm lake. The perfect recipe for boating.

Here we are, Jared, cousins' Scott, Danny and Matt and Uncle Scott, waiting for the boating place to open.



Switzerland may be beautiful, but we have beautiful places in America too.




We headed out on Poppie's Passion for a fun morning.




We chose numbers to see who would go first. Jared was the lucky one. Jumping in the freezing lake at 8 in the morning is always a shock to the system.



Danny showing his stuff. Great form!



Matt, saluting the world.



I wasn't gonna go since I haven't water skied for a few years and the skis wouldn't tighten very well. I did fine, getting up on my first try.




Everybody falls though.



Except for me, I let go before I knew I was going to fall. I had a bad experience last time. I don't need to go into details. Trust, it wasn't fun.



Then there's Jared who was trying to get some air.




Before we headed back to the dock to let the other family members have a go, Jared and I were towed in.



So far so good, I'm still smiling.



Then Jared thought he'd make things tricky.



We got going fast. Lets just say that the tube wasn't meant for two adults.



The turn was really difficult. I lost my toe ring. (waaaaah, I had it since H.S.)



Notice how Jared is hanging off.



WHAT IS THIS? Jared is telling my Uncle to up the speed? Are you kidding me? I would not have approved. Who gave him the authority to make us go faster. We are already having a hard enough time staying on.



It really wasn't a good idea.



Where did Alice and Jared go?




Why am I smiling? Because we're still alive.

6 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

That looks fun. I had to laugh at the picture where Jared gives the thumbs up sign. You held on longer than I would have I'm sure.

...and I agree, Tahoe is beautiful. My aunt lives there and I love to visit.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats really funny...i love the play by play of the tube ride. sorry you lost your beloved toe ring:(

Tara said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! I need your camera.

kim said...

Looks like fun! I'm just impressed that you were willing to get wet--I used to be able to swim in any temp water, but I seem to be getting less tolerant in my old age. Or maybe its just the memories of semi-hypothermia setting in after a November trip to the beach. . .

liz j said...

LOVE the photos! Tahoe is one of those places I just have never gotten myself to. Rats. Your pictures are inspirational. But not sure I'm going to be skiing this season. Brrrr!

blueeyedfreckle said...

so what are your plans now that you are back in the states? looks like it has been one big vaca since you got here! fun! I have been nonstop moving and starting my new teaching position... wish we could've visited you guys in S.C. bad timing:(