If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Goodbye Google!

After a little over 4 years Jared had his last official day at Google on Tues. Aug 5th. He finished up work in Zürich and then went in to the Mtn. View office on Tuesday to do some last minute things and an exit interview. He was a bit nostalgic but his new job is great. He now works for a start-up and is the 7th employee. There are almost 20,000 employees at Google now. On to smaller and better things.

Goodbye code reviews, goodbye gym, and free lunches and dinners. Goodbye friends and family complaining to you whenever anything doesn't work at Google -- even when it has nothing to do with the area you work on. :)


10 comments:

Meredith said...

I apologize for being one of those complainers! :)

Good luck to Jared!

Senja said...

congrats, good luck - but more of all: have fun! :)

SwissMiss said...

Oh, that's kind of a surprise (to me). Did you guys know he'd be moving on to another job when you came here? Or did this come up in the middle of the year?

Buy lots of stock in the new company! Get in on the ground floor and you'll be millionaires in no time. ;-)

asphalt and air said...

wow! what big changes!
i'm wishing the two of you lots of succuss in all of your transitions.
best of luck to you both!

Sarah said...

Me: Alice's Jared is leaving Google.
Joel: Really? Why?
Me: He's going to a start-up.
Joel: Huh. Well if he was hired 4 years ago at Google, he's probably pretty smart.
Me: Yeah, Christine said he was brilliant.
Joel: Well, and he got to marry Alice. And, you know, she's one of our favorite people. So yeah, he's pretty smart.

There you have it. Praise from the Hills.

Jared said...

Thanks everyone, for the well-wishes. I loved my first week at KaChing. My teammates are fun and clever, and we all fit in one room! You can try our fantasy stock exchange on Facebook:
http://apps.facebook.com/hedgestop/

JH said...

Jared, Congrats on all you accomplished at Google. I remember when you first started (we were roommates then!). I wish you all the best at your new job.

Jeff

Cristy said...

Dang, I knew I should have complained when I had the chance... '

Good luck with the new!

blueeyedfreckle said...

crazy! That would be cool if his new company gets huge!!!! I would miss all the perks too... I have heard how great it is to work at Google:)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so what IS his new job???