If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Don't Cry Over Spille Cheerios!

Ok, so I really love being here in Switzerland. There are several things that I'm fine living without, TJ's Aussie Red licorice, TJ's natural peanutbutter, my nice cooking tools, that good old California winter weather and unlimited night and weekend minutes on my cell. There is something that I really do miss HONEY NUT CHEERIOS. They are nutritious and always tide me over until lunchtime. I wanted them so bad for my birthday. Well, we found them in Venice. HOORAY! Until, I pulled them out of the bag while unpacking...I had a few on the train home...


...I accidentally pulled the box upside down and the cheerios went everywhere. Normally this would not be an issue, just scoop them up and put them back into the box, right? Wrong, if you've seen our floor lately that ended up not happening.


So I sadly:( swept them up along with all of the other gunk on the floor because I hate sweeping (which I actually found quite soothing this time and should do more often) and I've been talking about needing to mop for a few weeks now (they don't have carpets in Switzerland.) What a clumsy waste of a good thing.

5 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I feel your sadness right now. I miss Honey Nut Cheerios.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, I was stoked to find your blog through Julie Steenblik's!!! this is Elizabeth from Pleasanton. I am now going to spend the afternoon catching up with you and your cute family as I read your adventures. What the heck are you doing in Switzerland?! I am totally jealous. I'm sure I'll be reading often... :)

Julie said...

Hi Elizabeth :) It's a small world!

Alice....that is so sad about the Cheerios- I have found a new connection to the lost food world so I will be getting you Honey Nut Cheerios soon enough!!!

Meike said...

Alice, I feel your pain! I LOVE honey nut cheerios. Unfortunately I have found out that even though from time to time you find some in Europe, they just don't taste the same :(

bug girl said...

That was one of the saddest stories I have read in a long time. I hope someone comes to your rescue and brings you some honey nut cheerios when they go visit you. (See, I don't wish you just one thing, but two things.)