If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chicken

I've never really been a fan of chicken. It's so boring. I guess it just depends on how you cook it. We're trying to add more meat into our diet since we don't usually eat it. I roasted my first chicken last week. It was so succulent. I consulted several recipes, my friends, mother and father in-law (he's an expert when cooking up a delicious bird.) Anyhow, I was well pleased with the turn out. I even tossed in some apples to the vegetable mix.

2 comments:

bug girl said...

Your mom cooked up a delicious bird when I was last visiting in H-town. It was very yummy, almost made me want to start eating chicken again.

kim said...

I'd always been scared of eating any meat that I could tell what the animal looked like before hand, but a couple years ago, I started roasting chickens and it has been a huge hit with everyone--only way my two kiddos will eat any form of meat (I think I have the only 2 kids in the country who don't eat hotdogs or hamburgers).

If you have a grill, you should try brining it and then grilling it--delicious!!!!