If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, February 11, 2008

Ah Venice

Last Wednesday Jared and I hopped on a night train to celebrate my birthday in Venice for the weekend. I couldn't get over the colors of the buildings and have decided the colors for the rooms in our future home. I found some perfect yellows. Mustard yellow mixed with yellow ochre is something I'm going to try soon in a painting.

It was 50° weather (very warm to us) with a bright blue sky that didn't reveal a cloud the entire time we were there.

We kissed on a Gondola ride, shuffled through confetti leftover from Carnivale the week before, laid in the sun and read, ate delicious food and treats including gelato, searched for the building that was in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade," (is this it? I dunno just take a picture just in case) and bought some Murano glass. Jared ran around the city in the morning while I slept in. Italians have a lot to say and are very boisterous about it. They are just happy people with beautiful woman. It was fun to be in such a friendly environment.


Here's Jared getting all cozy for the trip to Venice.




This city had some amazing yellows.



Reflection under bridge from Gondola ride.



I loved seeing the laundry hung out everywhere.



Will you hold my hand for me?



We are smiling because gelato is in our tummy's. (Check out how curly my hair was, Venice baby, Venice.)





View of Venice from St. Marks tower.



St. Marks Dome. We stayed just around the corner.



COLOR!






My Ferrari.


Stay away birds, don't poop on my head.



Jared reading in the sun.



YELLOW!




Jared, "Alice you've taken a photo of this yellow building before," me, "No I haven't, it's a different yellow." (The sky was really that blue.)



Can someone say heaven? These shoes were handmade by the owner of the shop who we met. You can see that it has been featured in several magazines.



We had the train out of Venice to ourselves for a few stops. Jared took advantage.


For more photos click below.

8 comments:

Veeda said...

I wish I could go to Venice for my birthday. You guys are having so much fun! I love it.

Megan said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Venice looks Beautiful! I'm jealous.

Clair said...

Seriously?! Venice on your birthday?! It just doesn't get much better than that. I've said it before and will say it again ... lucky, lucky girl!! :)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a fun birthday trip! Italy has never interested me much, but this doesn't look too bad. love the colors, great pictures, how fun. I love jared doing the handstand on the train, too. He seems like too mellow of a guy to do such a thing, so this is enjoyable to see.

Amy McCown said...

Looks like you had fun. The pictures are great.

Amy said...

you just made me sooo homesick for italy!! glad you were able to experience Venice...a magical city.

Julie said...

I've been waiting for the pictures. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love Jared flipping over in the train. And the sun was shinning! How fun

Staci said...

Looks so fun- love the colors and the bridges and the architecture. You, my dear, are becoming a fabulous photographer. :)