If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

San Diego for the day

Last Saturday Jared, Finn and I got up at 5:30 am and flew down to San Diego for the day to see Jared's father (twice a widower) get married to a wonderful woman who he actually knew in high school and was recently reunited with and they each quickly fell in love

One of the highlights was seeing Jared with all of his siblings together!


Krista, Jared, David, Genean, Chase and Josh (in front.)



Here are the original 3. I loved seeing the boys tease beautiful Genean.



It took them a couple of shots to decide which order they would stand in.




I haven't seen the San Diego temple since it was being built when I was 8 years old.



Getting some more family shots in there. Poor Finn was such a trooper being toted around all day long. Two flights in one day was tough for the little guy.





Jared's Dad.



His new wife Wanda, definitely a super fun addition to the family.



The newlyweds.


Highlights of the trip included:

1. Seeing Jared interact with his siblings.
2. Josh helping me put socks on Finn's feet and him keep saying, "they're so cute and little," in his cute southern accent.
3. Eating at "Fin's Mexican Eatery" which actually was pretty good.
4. Meeting lots of random people while hanging out in the temple waiting room.
5. Having those precious 15 mins alone with my sis-in-law Genean face to face to do a quick catch up on life since she has 3 wild kids and it's rare to get a moment on the phone with her. This was a big treat! Can't wait for Christmas to hang out with both my sis-in-laws and this time...I have a baby too!

3 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

you are the cutest family! YOu are looking great btw. And how brave of you to already fly with Finn! I am nervous for the day I have to try that out... I always feel bad for the people carting a tons of baby stuff and a baby through security when I am at the airport. Just taking care of myself wears me out!

kim said...

Glad you survived the day :) Enjoy the traveling before he's mobile, because as hard as it is now, it gets harder for a couple years (and then seems to get easier from what we are seeing.)

Fins is my favorite place for fish tacos down there--I know most people rave about Rubio's, but I like Fins so much better.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, quuick trip! i like seeing my hubbt with his siblings, too. a different side comes out.