If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jared and his Oatmeal

Jared eats oatmeal (not the instant kind) for breakfast every morning. He has a special way of microwaving it so it's just right. He also adds lots of extras to it, like raisins, flax seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and the list goes on. Very hardy for someone with his speedy metabolism.

When we moved last week I hadn't unpacked the dishes and who knows where the silverware was, (it took us 4 days to find it.)
Jared needed his oatmeal the morning after the move...he improvised with a measuring cup and spoon:) You've gotta love it!

*When we were on our honeymoon at the Hilton in Kauai I ordered the all you can eat buffet our first morning. Breakfast is my favorite meal. Jared got oatmeal...I was baffled at first thinking, "you've got all these yummy pastries and fruit and you're having oatmeal...something you can have whenever?" I thought it was so weird at first. Now I just find it cute.

2 comments:

April J. said...

I just caught up on your blog and Finn is so adorable, they grow so fast. And you...at the blessing what a rockstar after having a baby you look amazing!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Wow. So much like Michael. We get the big container of oatmeal. Matthew now loves it, too with brown sugar. Michael recently found a recipe with oatmeal and other random things (flax seed, raisins, shredded wheat, walnuts) that he combines ahead of time and eats it every morning. Ditto on the buffet, I love it, he'd rather a banana and yogurt.