If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Family Oriental


If you're related to me go ahead and cry...I already did.

This oriental rug was in my Grandparents house for as long as I can remember. Anyhow, after they both passed it was given to my parents and they've had it in their house for the past few years. Anyhow, now we have it in our new house for a while.

This is a photo of my father rolling around on it. What is that he's playing with? a silver bowl...oh Grandma, she only had the finest of things.


Here is Finn who has yet to roll around on it. But our cousin (Finn's 2nd cousin) James has tested it out with his crawling. (We're still working on the head. Mama's tired of getting headbutted by mr. bobblehead.



It seems like my Dad sent Finn down with a few of himself in him. Like this look with that droopy eyelid...totally my Dad.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Did I not say I totally saw your dad in some of Finn's first pictures? I was going to say it again at the droopy eyelid, but figured I should shut up about it. But yay for a mini-Richard!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, that rug has seen a lot...

Lauren said...

wow! I don't know how else to articulate that.

Dana said...

That is really sweet they look so much alike.

Gweneth said...

No doubt about it -- the Petty genes are pretty strong here. Your handsome husband probably contributed to Finn's looks, but those of us who know the Pettys can truly see the family resemblances. It's wonderful how much you are enjoying motherhood. Your baby is a doll!

Amy said...

what a treasure to see generations linked like that.

Kaye Paugh said...

Great post, Alice. Yes, I see a resemblance between your dad/my brother Richard and Finn. Great shots of Finn on the very same "rug" Richard and I crawled and played on for years. Love, Aunt Kaye