If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, October 10, 2008

The cool kids are back in town

Adam and Darcie were back in town this week. We had them over for dinner last night. I wanted to try out a roast in the crock pot. Did I mention that I'm really into the crock pot lately? Anyhow, turns out when they arrived the roast needed about 2 more hours of cooking, so I pulled some frozen cod from TJ's and topped it with some corn salsa that I tweaked a bit.



I love the look on their son's Kjell's face. SO CUTE!



P.S. I am welcome to your favorite crock pot recipes. Please email me if you have any good ones:)

4 comments:

LC (+1) said...

I've totally been into the crock pot lately too. Sunday roast is always a favorite with the veggies and gravy, yum. One of my favorites is putting chicken in with a jar (or more) of salsa verde. Then you shred the chicken and use it for tacos, tostadas, salads, etc. It's so flavorful and yummy.

m-l-e said...

Kjell is my future nephew inlaw, so all yous in blog land.. hands off!!

darcie said...

dinner was amazing. seriously, if i have trader joes to thank, thank you mr. joe. it was really fun hanging out with you guys. i had some good eye contact with jared. ha ha ha.

Charlotta-love said...

ADAM!!! I knew he was married but didn't know he had a son. Man, I'm so behind...