If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, October 10, 2008

October is Spectacular

*800th Post


I've decided that I really like October. The colors are so intense and it means lots of delicious squash for me to pick. The other day I went down to Half Moon Bay with my friend and her 2 adorable children (yup that's me, always hanging out with other moms) to pick out pumpkins.





It's so great, you get a little wagon to pull your stash around.




I got the lumpiest pumpkins I could find for Jared and I to carve. Most of them were too perfect.





This one wouldn't fit in the car.




I love the trees by the ocean in Northern California.



My loot. I made butternut squash risotto last night. It was delicious.

4 comments:

La Asistente said...

Loved the shapes; can't wait to see your creations!

darcie said...

half moon bay. northern california is so amazing. i have to laugh though, because who was taking those pictures of you?!

Laurie said...

THAT looks awesome. No pumpkin patches near Butte. :( Miss all the fun ones in the Midwest.

Amy said...

Must be that time of year...we ended up with some similar pics on our blog.