If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tahoe 2007

Every year my Dad's side of the family head's to Lake Tahoe to enjoy ~ a week of relaxation. Yeah right! It was full of lots of adventures and exercise to the max. Also, accidents. Did I say accidents...yes I did. Lets list them:

1. Alice got hit by a car on her bike (no biggie.)
2. Alice hits a patch of sand and flips over bike onto right shoulder which hurts a lot. (Mountain Biking.)
3. Alice sustained multiple scrapes and bruises from mountain biking with Amy, George, Danny and Jared. STORY:
Danny, "I think this is where I fell into that bush last year." 2 seconds later, LITERALLY!
Alice, "Aaaaahhhhhh."
George, "Alice just fell into that bush, all I saw were her legs fly into the air."
Danny helps Alice out of the bush because it's prickly and she's still clipped into her pedals and really can't move on her own.
Alice, "I feel as if something is folded inside me."
George, "Your insides are folded."
After all of this Jared wants to ride behind me and watch me fall because everyone else is getting a kick out of it. Plus I alert them of dangerous rocks ahead with my uncontrollable yelps.
(Later Alice's left ribs really hurt for a day or two. She goes into shock that night in bed thinking that maybe there's internal bleeding and feels light-headed and shakes uncontrollably. Thank goodness for a kind husband to bring her back to reality.)
4. Jared and Alice both sustain back injuries after diving off of a rock into the lake. Apparently we "cajoinked" ourselves according to Jared. His injury is worse.
5. Alice sustained lots more scrapes and gashes to her legs when Jared had an idea to climb straight up a bushy hill only to find when we arrived at the top that there's a paved road from the other side. We took the road down...kind of. More short cuts were taken.
6. Alice suffered two injuries back to back within 10 mins. of each other from Hudson throwing objects from ACROSS THE ROOM WITH HIS PERFECT AIM, to her chin and WORSE, I HUGE BUMP ON HER HEAD, which is still there after 6 days and is tender to the touch!

WARNING: SOME PHOTOS SHOW GRAPHIC CONTENT. LIKE BLOOD AND STUFF!

No comments: