If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Friday, August 24, 2007

Homemade - made-up Cherry/Peach Pie

I had some peaches and some cherries. I also have some pie crusts in the freezer that I made a few weeks back. I looked online for a cherry/peach pie/tart. Well there weren't any recipes. I guess no one thought of that combination. My mother just makes up recipes out of no where. I try to be like her. So I started out with the basic tools.


Cherry pitter (that was fun, my first time.) Lemon squeezer (I invested in one a while back because of all of the lemonade, lemon tarts and lemon pound cakes that I was making.) Can you guess my favorite flavor? And a great paring knife for pealing and slicing the peaches.


I added some lemon and sugar and some freshly grated nutmeg. My mother taught me that fresher is better. A bit of cream, because...well why not?




Before


After
We'll see what the expert pie taster thinks.

4 comments:

kt said...

that looks truly delicious! And I love nutmeg...

Genean said...

mmm, yummy. I like your cool kitchen gadgets. I did not know such things existed.

Jenna said...

I have never used fresh nutmeg before. I am very impressed with your baking without a recipe abilities. Was it as good as it looked?

Anonymous said...

I want to be like your mom, too. She's a culinary genius. The pie looked delish. I love me some fresh nutmeg.