If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Half Dome

A week ago Jared and I climbed Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. I had already done it 5 times before and vowed never to do it again. Jared had never climbed it so I happily but a bit hestitantly agreed to climb it again, (because I knew what was ahead.) We drove up Friday evening and hit the trail about 1am. (A more detailed play by play is posted on Jared's blog.) This was to beat the heat and crowds. We also wanted to see...


a beautiful sunrise...


...after we had to climb up these cables...

...Jared and I were happy to be on top...(in a record 4 hours ~ 9 miles and 5,000 ft. elevation gain)...


...we stood out on a ledge overlooking Yosemite valley...


...on the way down Jared as usual hopped upon the giant boulders in a roaring river...


...then we gazed down a beautiful waterfall...


...and above to another one...


...on the way up I took a fun snapshot of the full moon...


..."Look at that weird growth coming out of that tree." exclaimed Jared on our hike down...



...the only wound I received from clumsily tripping while walking on the granite rocks:)

3 comments:

Genean said...

You take such rockin' photos of mother nature! I feel almost like I was there :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Was there anything different about the Half-Dome trek since the most recent death a few weeks ago? I've always wanted to make the climb but am wary of the dangers...

Looks like a great trip, and it was great seeing you last night, too! -Ben

blueeyedfreckle said...

You are so athletic, I never knew when we were in college together! And you seem to always be doing something new and adventurous. I am jealous! So cool! ANd you are moving to Zurich now? Lucky!