If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, December 8, 2008

Hor d'oeuvres party!

So, I had some leftover cheese from a dinner and thought, hmmm...I need some people to help eat this. I decided to have an hor d'oeuvre party! I LOVE HOR D'OEUVRES! My friends and I in Switzerland got together one Friday just to eat Hor d'oeuvres that we had made.

My mom used to make those phyllo spinach triangles called Spanakopita and sausage puffs when she was a caterer and I was craving those very delectables.

OK, so to make Spanakopita you need Phyllo dough. I was having a lot of anxiety about dealing with the stuff, after hearing horror stories. I engaged Jared. He's a perfectionist and I knew he would made those triangles perfectly. Well he did and we used all the dough without throwing away a sheet, none of them dried out.





The cheeses: mild bri, stinky brie, havarti, white cheddar, gouda and a derby with this sage combo in between.




They turned out well!



Then for a night of hilarious charades with a randomly selected group of friends. I had people write down an actor or person or movie or song and put them into a bowl. Oh good times were had!






5 comments:

Pete Rugh said...

It's spelled "ORE DURVES"

I'm so embarrassed for you.

-Pete

The Barb Chronicles said...

I hate making those spinach Phillo triangles, but I lOVE to eat them. looks like you had fun.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

those triangles are beautiful! i love food. i prefer an appetizer over dessert any day.

Gloria said...

ohhhh this makes me miss switzerland! love your cheese plate. i just got back-- we need to get together.

Laurie said...

I love hors d'ouevres too! {And I can NEVER spell it right!} Ooo...makes me want to throw a party. You've put me in the mood for some Brie.