If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rocking my baby

This is my great-great grandmother's rocking chair. I used to rock my dolls to sleep on it.


My mother gave me the rocking chair (now refinished) before Finn was born. This is where I spend my nights with Finn. Nursing him and kissing his soft warm cheeks as he zonks out on my shoulder before I reluctantly place him back into his crib for more sleep.




*I edited this post because my grandmother informed me that the rocking chair was my great-GREAT grandmother's rocking chair...not just one great.

6 comments:

The Bec-ster said...

Did you match his pacifier on purpose? He is such an alert handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

Actually it was your great-great grandmother's rocking chair. I am the one who foolishly painted it black. I guess I had nothing else to do while Sterling was working in Idaho.
Love, Grandmother.

Tanya D said...

cool - it's so nice to have things that have been the family for a long time, especially things you can still use and make new memories with

RC Cola said...

Very cool thing to have. I love it!

Dana said...

That's neat that you have it now. I too also own a piece of furniture of my great great grandmas. I love it.

Julie said...

What a cute picture of you guys together. He is getting so big. They grow up so fast. How do you like the Ergo?