If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Picnic in my backyward with friends

It's been super beautiful (well it always is in California) and we have a wonderful backyard that I wanted to take advantage of so I invited some friends over for a picnic yesterday. I spent most of Tuesday cooking for it, (takes a lot longer when someone in particular is always demanding my attention.)

Menu:
pasta salad with tomatoes and basil from my mother's garden
sun-dried tomato, chive and dill potato salad
strawberry lemonade
mint chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies
cocoa ginger zucchini muffins
(don't ask for recipes, they were all made up)






The boys found sticks.



Lillie and Sarah telling us all about it:)



Finn only lets Emily hold him...and my new friend Karisa and her new baby.



So Finn is particular about people, but he's warmed up to my cousin Emily (thank goodness) probably since we see her almost everyday. (note the double chin...weighed him this morning and he's 16 lbs.)



Her son James sometimes gets jealous when he sees her holding another baby.



My awesome friend Emily made an appearance. Oh what a treat!


***Still not happy about blogger's poor photo quality!

5 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

I totally have the same fabric from IKEA!

Cristy said...

Aw, I want to come!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I love friend gatherings...love your cousins hair color, too.

Amy said...

you must be doing something right, finn weighs more than my 7 month old!

m-l-e said...

Nope, you were the treat! thanks for a fun time.. and for inviting me evn though I gots no baby!