If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Monday, September 24, 2007

Moving

The other day Jared and I were packed up (thanks to Google) and moved out or our apartment. We made a huge pile of things to get rid of and take to the D.I. trailer. For the items that I never use but was still a bit sentimental about Jared suggested I take a shot of it and then get rid of it. (This is his new philosophy on sizing down. It works really well in becoming a minimalist, an art I'm afraid I will never achieve.)


I took a shot of this bag I bought in NZ and used all throughout Australia and had added patches to from all the places I visited.

Here is the green couch that the movers miraculously got into the elevator. It's the one that my brother Sam and Jared painstakingly carried up 3
flights of stairs when we moved in.













Here are the movers with all of our belongings to be shipped or stored. We only shipped our bikes, skis, computer and a few clothes. Hopefully they make it safely.







Here we are in an empty apartment chillin' on the floor because our furniture is all packed up. We had internet (a staple in my life) until the last moment.

4 comments:

m-l-e said...

When some of my friends were newlywed she went on a minimalist rampage and suggested he photograph things and then throw them away. This led him to getting rid of everything that had any sentimental value (books, letters, even photos). An action he immediately, but irrevocably regretted.....

Cristy said...

I can't believe you got rid of that bag!!! I would have taken it! Your kids will totally be mad at you for that someday! Good luck in Europe! What a grande adventure you will have!

Charlotta-love said...

Have fun. You can always buy another bag although that IS a sad story... :o(

Jenna said...

Did you post this from Switzerland? How was the flight?
Can't wait to see pictures of your travels.