If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

On Monday Jared and I hopped in the car and headed down to Monterey. It used to be our state capital back in the day.


First we headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I haven't been since I was about 12 or so. Jared had never been before. We learned that sharks are good and we need them in our ecosystem to keep it properly balanced. They really aren't as dangerous as everyone things.


Here's Jared surrounded by anchovies swimming around and around and around.


I love how this starfish is just chillin. It's totally laid back.

The Aquarium is located right on the bay.


I love the blues and grays of the sea.

I love these Lone Cypress trees. They are so beautiful.


When my Grandparents used to live in Carmel when I was younger we used to go down there all the time. This is a spot where part of Alfred Hitchcock's film Vertigo was filmed. Every time we drove through this area we'd yell out, "Vertigo!" and then we knew we had about 30 more mins until Grandma and Grandpa's house.

1 comment:

Clair said...

I love Monterey! I love Carmel! I love the area that you live...jealous :)