If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Sunday, July 2, 2006

Running

I've recently taken up running again. Well, so in High School I ran track. Mile, 800m and sprint hurdles. However, I developed a bad case of shin splints so by my Junior year I switched to swimming which worked out a lot better. I missed running. So, my friend Laura said, "hey I'm doing the Angel Island Run." Well it's an 8k (~5 miles). No big deal right? The first 2 miles were up hill. That was hard. Coming down the next 3 miles weren't so bad. I ran faster than I normally would have because I was running away from an old man who was hawking lugis every 8 secs. and it made me want to throw up from the sound. I think at one point "ew gross" might have spilled from my lips. So, the faster I would run.

Jared ran the 25k. He actually ran more than he was supposed to because he took a wrong turn, but of course he came in first. "Yeah, I really haven't been running much lately, just like 10 miles or so at the most," is what Jared has to say.

No comments: