If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Blasts! (literally)

Yesterday I was lured into watching a Civil War Reenactment in the Santa Cruz mountains. Yes, it was loud, weird and loud. I was a little disapointed not to see any blood. I think the highlight of the day was when Clark yelled out, "The Feds are cheating." Yes, there were several shots with no one going down. We did have to remember way back in 5th grade learning about the war and how inaccurate their weaponry was.

We met some very interesting people who actually did this for their everday life. I think some of them believe that they live in 1863 and need to wear the 80 lbs of wool in 90 degree weather. Needless to say, our group was a little out of place with the styling of our attire.

2 comments:

bex said...

there was totally blood! there was one guy that smeared it all over his face. and several of the soliders had pre-bloodied rags that they pulled out and tied to themselves when they went down. I am going to start carrying one around, because you never know when you might have to fake a flesh wound.

Alice said...

well there was that tall guy standing in front of me...darn... i missed the blood